Friday, August 04, 2006



There's a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow. And I'll be the leprechaun quick enough to catch me prize, to be sure. Anyway, long week indeed both splitin' rocks and on the bike. Tired SLOW legs. I hope at the end of this rainbow this all translate to speed. Tomorrow, early, I'll be doin' my favorite ride from years past. The ol' round the mountain loop. It's a great ride with great scenery. There is one stretch of road that kind of sucks. No shoulder with honkin' redneck type trucks with cowboys/caballeros in them yelling "fag" and throwin' empty beer/cerveza cans at me as they whiz by. I'll be launching at 6am, so no doubt I'll be solo and hopefully the rednecks will be home from their honkytonks. I'll hook in with the House Of Pain ride and hang as long as I can. Keeping the HR below 158, so I probably won't make it that far out Highland, but no worries. I'll flip it at that point and head for the barn. I've got kids to chuck around in the pool. Sunday, I'm getting on a plane for a company junket thing at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. Hope you all are well and that you find whatever it is you're looking for at the end of your rainbow. Metaphorically speaking of course.

Johnny GoFast

3 Comments:

Blogger nosajpalnud said...

rednecks = Marsh Creek Rd before Morgan T?

158? you've been talking to Patty bout that keeping it zone 3 stuff? we have some good stories bout Griff and his Z3 :)

1:42 PM  
Blogger Johnny GoFast said...

Marsh Creek is correct. I just hate that road. I get to do one 17 minute interval tomorrow and I think I'll do it there to get across that section. Morgan Territory, on the other hand, could be the coolest stretch of road known to man.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Gianni said...

Marsh Creek Sux. I had a 10 year old kid give me the finger while pops was driving a couple of months ago.
Great parenting.
How can people who are heading to a all day DeltaDrunkfest with ski boat in tow be so hostile?
If you can keep it in zn3 on Morgan I'm in deep shyte in October.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home