Wednesday, November 22, 2006


-I’m 40, healthy and happy.
-I have two beautiful children who are healthy and happy.
-When rowing in college, I once saw a woman standing on a dock at Redwood Shores who was so beautiful that I thought I could die and go to heaven at that moment and be perfectly content.
-Months later I worked up the courage to say hello to her and we fell in love. I married that girl.
-I grew up with three brothers who I was very close to.
-I lost one brother to cancer, but learned that life is a blessed thing and if we do it right, there are no regrets.
-I’m still close with the other two. I split rocks with one brother and own a cabin in Truckee with both. When the planets align, we go skiing together and nothing could be better.
-I revere my parents as they are my shining example of what is possible. Without my father, I don’t know if I would see all the opportunity there is in the world. Without my mother, I don’t know if I would truly understand the word “hope”.
-I have nieces and nephews of all shapes and sizes. Each has qualities that are unique and wonderful. They all have shining faces.
-I have sister-in-laws that have taken the family to new heights.
-My mother in law is a wonderful person with nothing but love in her heart. I pray that those qualities find there way into my children’s core.
-I have a wealth of friends who challenge me to be true.
-I enjoy anything that involves people, health and laughter.
-I have been to the middle of nowhere, breathed in the scenery, basked in the moment.
-I have been to the mosh pit to have my eardrums split open and feel the massive pounding of the crowd.
-I have known defeat and I’ve known victory. Both are incredible motivators.
-I’ve learned that people have had different experiences and have as a result, molded different opinions. I have worked at understanding those opinions and not to try and change them but hope to maybe change my own.
-I have been to far reaches of the planet and met wonderful people and have seen amazing things. I still enjoy my home the best.
-I have what I need.

I have a lot to be thankful for. Hope you do to.

Johnny GobbleFast

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Griffiths said...

gobble gobble that!

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home