Monday, November 13, 2006


So Last night the girl climbs into bed complaining about a sore belly. The wife took that to mean that her waist band on her pj's was too tight so she switched it out for a gown. At this point I didn't think much of it. Well, about an hour or so later the fireworks began. Luckily, my little girl was pointed in my wifes direction (she was sleeping between us) when she let fly with the bile from within. Direct hit! And then like Vesuvius, she kept it going. My wife, clever one she is and already plastered, grabbed the wee one and off to the bathroom they went. Which left me there with vomit on my bed and nausea running through my body. I'm a lot like you in that vomit makes me vomit. In what seemed like no time, my wife had: a) gotten my daughter to the bathroom to complete the evacuation; b) gotten her into the shower; c) run by me saying "just don't stand there gagging"; d) come running past me again with a spray bottle of mirracle 'get rid of vomit smell quickly' and clean sheets the latter of which she thrust in my direction. Before she climbed into the shower, she stripped the bed, squirted the mirracle solution on anything that looked foreign and got the sheets into the washer. She then came past me again, a little slower this time, and asked me very calmly to remake the bed. She then got into the shower to clean up. This whole thing took less than three minutes. I was still gagging unable to move. Truly incredible. The little girl made it the rest of the night save for a few false alarms. The whole thing went so smoothly that I'm convinced that my wife, when I'm not around, runs practice drills for such an event. Nothing like being prepared.

Johnny GagFast

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your wife sounds very barf efficient!

both my kids were barfing yesterday in the car on the way to a race, and all i could think to do was push their little heads out the window so it wouldn't get on me!

i like your blog. i can relate to a lot of your stories, except that i'm the wife in our family.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Johnny GoFast said...

Lauren-I'm laughing my ass off at the image of you shoving the back of your kids head (in a loving fashion no doubt). Thanks for the chuckle.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home