Thursday, April 05, 2007


So that's my boy. It was the annual baseball game between the Orange Otters Blue team versus the Orange Otters Red team. My boy was the lead off hitter so he got to sit in the first chair on the bench. He told his Mama this morning that he wasn't sure what he was supposed to do today. He can be on the shy side, so I wasn't sure if he'd go through with his at bat when it came time. He loves to hit and we work on it a lot in the front yard. We don't use the tee so much as he prefers that I pitch to him. Like any proud father, I think he swings like a right handed Ted Williams. As you can see in the photo, it's a dog-gone mirror image. The boy cracked one out to the fence where it rattled around for a little while before some kiddiewinks could catch up to it.
By then, Jackson had crossed the plate and was already back in his seat. I'm pretty sure he knew that this wasn't a real game, but I was proud of him for getting up there and driving the ball into the alley.

Afterwards, we loaded him into a buddies car so he could go play for the afternoon at their house and we drove the MaileMo home. She was tired and she went to rest in the other room. Mama apparently had a great time at the game because she had a little something extra for her man...if you know what I mean. Sky rockets in flight...

Anyway, hope you are well.

Johnny GoFast

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home