Monday, February 11, 2008


I am well aware that it is no boast to (Markie) Post, but when you can't remember your own log in to your own site, it's getting pretty bad. I'll spare you the usual acutrements of excuses including but not limited to: shitty ass work, lack of motivation due to stress, more things interesting in my life than blogging, stiff fingers, etc. Know that they all apply. Anyway, highlights include: skiing, skiing, and more skiing.

As you can see in the photo, the back country ski trip this year with my brother Michael proved to be exceptional. It's been called bottomless, gnar, snorkelfest, the white room, blower, and kindly pow to name a few. It was all these things when we hit Steamboat, Colorado at the beginning of February. I've been lucky enough to ski deep conditions in the past, but this was truly unbelievable. So many times, the snow would ride up my trunk and blow over the top of my head, I lost count. At times, it would get a little unerving as snow in the face tends to blind you (putting you in the white room as they say).
On one occassion, I managed to blast right into a tree Sonny Bono style (minus the massive brain hemoraging and death). We skied for three days in these conditions and I think it's safe to say, the conditions were once in a life time.

In addition to having some selfish skiing time to myself, I've been going out there with the kiddiewinks and that is even more fun. Should have some pictures of that posted in the next few days. "Yeah, right," you say? Trust me, I'm going to post. I really, really mean it.

Johnny GoFast

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve Griffiths said...

Welcome back.

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! And no mindless bicycle stuff. That Markie Post, sure hope Wild Bill did give her the hard one when she stayed in the Lincoln Bedroom....she makes Las Lomas proud.

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I keep coming back to see if Markey is still on the sight. Im not sure why Im enjoying that particular photo more than I should. She sure could use walk down the three step plan.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home