Friday, October 19, 2007



So I've got this secret e-mail account with Yahoo that I use when I sign up at websites where I don't want a lot of crap coming my way. You know, trying to keep the Rock Pile e-mail strictly professional and all. Anyway, I logged onto my account today and there were something like 200 messages sitting there. Figuring my e-mail address had been compromised, I opened them to find that they were all regarding the cross season. I remembered that I signed up for the Bay Area Cyclocross user group and apparently posted the Yahoo e-mail address. And so for the better part of a long time this morning, I got to read up on all things cyclocross. Except when I'd click on an e-mail from Yahoo which would make my Yahoo e-mail crash. Here is what I learned:

-People like to comment regarding Sandbaggers. I think five top five's qualifies you for a mandatory upgrade. I've pretty much lived my racing this way and it's worked out. Sure the first year in the up category is a bitch, but someone within the thread said it best when he said you eventually adapt. That's a good word for it.

-People like to chatter about tubulars, clinchers, tire pressure, sealant, etc. Geeky. Used to be that you threw on what you had, affixed a smile to your face, and raced.

-Horse people don't like bikes period. Storing barriers, riding around arenas, wearing spandex is so offensive. C'mon people, go back to wherever it is you came from and stop riding and smiling in these here parts. Seems to me I remember a similar attitude when I rode my mountain bike up that way.

-No more pre-riding the course whenever you like. The rules seem workable and fair. Note to Griff: this rule is called the Griffociraptor Rule.


Other ramblings:

1. Had the girls pre-school conference yesterday with Teacher Mary. She thinks Maile is doing fine and right at level in terms of being ready for Kindergarten, dealing with others, etc. Shocking about the dealing with others because on Wednesday, she tried to rip her friend Lily's face off. Apparently there was some disagreement and Maile let fly. Teacher Mary told us about how her kid once bit the only kid in the neighborhood with a completely anal retentive parent. "Of course that would be the kid your kid bites", we said.

2. The girl took the boy in for Show and Tell today. It's "J" week. The boy stood in front of the class and said his name is Jackson and I'm wearing Jeans.

3. Going with the wifeage tonight to her High School Reunion Weekend. If I come out of this thing with her still talking to me, I'll consider it a minor miracle. I have a tendency to have a little sauce at these things which gets my joke meter running. Often, she gets embarrassed both at and for me.

4. Riding Candlestick with all you all on Sunday. The thought has me smiling.

Hope you are well.

Johnny GoFast

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home