Tuesday, October 23, 2007


No secret that I grew up in Danville. It used to be a quiet little place that nobody had heard of. Then Blackhawk went in and the neuvo riche infiltrated the place. Now you can't swing a dead plastic surgeon around without hitting a boobed up mom talking on her cellphone driving her Hummer while drinking her grande latte double half decaf nonfat mocha. It's gone all icky and it's happened under my watch. I don't know how, but now more than ever, it's totally pathetic. There was a day back in high school when we would park out on Daughterty Road, pull out the keg and drink right there in the middle of the road. Try that stunt today, and Ms. Silicone will flatten your ass within 30 seconds and not even notice she hit anything. Biking is still popular out this way, it just takes a bit of moxie on the part of the biker to avoid these rolling Peg Bundy's.

The foul mood is starting to dissipate. Talked to Griff a bit yesterday and he advised to just ride this week. Take off the monitor and just get out there and enjoy. So I rode the single speed and tomorrow I may break out the mountain bike and hammer some of those secret trails only I know about. If you have some time at lunch, hit me up and I'll take you along. Got the cyclo cross bike back in order but you never know what will let go next. Ahhh, the fun of dedicating no resources to the cross bike.

Jason Dunlap turned me onto a new blog site. I've linked it under the title "East Coast Snobbery." The guy wrote a great article on cross racing that you need to check out. Absolutely hilarious. The guy can twist a word with the best on them.

Haven't reached into the mail bag lately so here goes....

Johnny-
Love the site. You've been my main inspiration for getting my blog going. Anyway, noticed you changed your little blurb at the top. Did you and the Griffociraptor have a bet going? Greg B. Truckee, California


Hey Greg-
Mutual love for your site. Tough to compete with humor like yours. Anyway, no bet was lost but I thought it only fair since Griff went out in a blaze of glory. I have it up there to remind me of where I need to get to during the coming months. I loathe that man and will not suffer the humiliation of losing to him again. Plus, he needs some cheering up with that new kit design. He's English and all and it's a bit agro for his tastes.


Hey Johnny-
Can you lose some weight? Your killing me. It was so much nicer having Paul Carter on me. He's light and airy compared to you.

Sincerely,

Your Cross Bike


Dear Cross Bike-
We need to take this offline. All my readers are now snickering at me. I promise to work at it if you promise to stay in one piece for the rest of the races.


Anyway, hope you are all doing fabulous. See you on Sunday-Sunday-Sunday down Santa Cruz way.

Johnny GoFat

7 Comments:

Blogger waxer said...

Classic. You are, as I am sad to say. experiencing what has become of southern california in the last 20 years. Believe it or not, 20 years ago much of SoCal was fields and ranches. Not anymore. No worries, nothing makes me happier than dumping a bunch of mud all over mommies new Range Rover, especially as she drives by flipping me off.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

Patience Larry, it's becoming fields again as we speak (write).

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too funny!

JD (too lazy to log in)

5:42 PM  
Blogger ServiceCourse said...

Hmm, not hard to spot an imposter... Greg B. from Truckee? As if I would write such a gay note and then sign it as such? NFW!
That's not how my name is spelt - however clever, being all nice n stuff to throw the mass's off. Yes, clever....

9:12 AM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

morgan tells a good story about how he was riding through alamo one day and a rover who was coming up slowly to a stop light pegged him with her passenger mirror.

the mirror folded in.

she stopped and rolled down her window and pointed to the mirror for him to fix it back so she could see again.

he unfolded it and fixed it.

she rolled up her window and proceded with her conversation on the cell phone without a thank you or an i'm sorry.

and then she took off.

he was too stunned to react or say anything and continued on with his ride.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

That's because he is tall and tall people have longs fuses which cause them to seem unresponsive.

Short people = short fuses, uncontrollably responsive, always have something to say. Sometimes regret it, but at least we don't go through the "I should have said" side of regret.

10:23 AM  
Blogger jdub-sama said...

As my chillin's go to the same place of learning as yours, I must generally agree. However, there are some real good, down to earth, jean's and t-shirt folk still around. Don't give up. I promise you they are around.

Speaking of which, I bumped into your eldist's teacher today at school. I mentioned his name and she commented what a great boy he was and then emphasized "he is ALL boy". Like father like son!

I want in on your secret sauce lunch rides. No HRM, just the dirt and hills. Next week for sure.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home