Monday, October 22, 2007

Staring down a long week,
After a bad day at the Stick.
With the seat clamp a failin’,
My race done over quick.

Just another bad day,
On a heap of failure.
This cross seasons a turnin’
Into total despair.

I've got the half a lap blues,
I don’t know what I can do.
With equipment a flyin’,
What’s a cross racer to do?

Each week it’s a something,
That breaks loose or lets go.
Last week it was the power,
That done failed up to show.

And when the equipment, it holds,
It’s the rider that goes down.
The wounds done scarred over,
From the fall in SacTown.

I've got the half a lap blues,
I don’t know what I can do.
With equipment a flyin’,
What’s a cross racer to do?

Given into the fate,
Greater people have quit.
If I didn’t like it so much,
I could care half a shit.

But I’ll be out there next week,
No doubt suffering something new.
A mechanical unknown,
What’s a cross racer to do?

I've got the half a lap blues,
I don’t know what I can do.
With the equipment a flyin’,
What’s a cross racer to do?




Foul, foul mood this morning. That which makes me sane is driving me insane these days. So I'll do what I do when I get down. Hammer the single speed at lunchtime and get the frustrations out.

Johnny GoFast

7 Comments:

Blogger Gianni said...

Bummer.
That Stick has blessed you and cursed you.
It generally curses me and I stay away from that dump.
Cross - you WILL work on your bike every week afterwards.....
J

9:23 AM  
Blogger ~ lauren said...

that course was cursed.

i wish i woulda known you were there, i would have cheered for ya for your half a lap.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Ron Castia said...

Pit Bike!

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dood... so so so so sorry about that. That bike had two decent races in it that day - I guess I used them all up. I'll half the cost of that seatpost collar with ya.

Plus, for what it's worth, I had a great time, and want to get out and do it again. (no worries, I think I've got a bike to use). Thanks for making it possible!

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea "do" rhymed with "do".

Suggestion: go back and read those technodork discussions from posts past...at least you ought to fix the mechanicals in the short run while working out the human element over the longer term.

Cheer up dude - Hillary is leading fundraiser's with secret chinese money again - this time funneled through dishwashers and sweatshop seamstresses....gung hai fa choi!

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2007/10/cross-my-heart-and-hope-to-die-bsnyc.html

check out this guys' write up....

JD

10:28 PM  
Blogger Johnny GoFast said...

G-I've been more cursed than blessed there, but I still love the course. Wait 'til next year!

L-I was there and will be there through the D9 Pilar final. Great thing about cross is that there is a mechanical (er...I mean race) happening every weekend now.

N-Pit bike? Now you're just trying to get me divorced.

PC-Great to see you out and converted. It was my pleasure to loan you my bike. It's the least I can do for all you do for the Pegasaurus Team.

Anon-I plan to sing "do" a little differently the second time I use it. It will still be close enough to rhyme. As for Hillary, they're paying her to stop shrilling.

Anon/JD-Went to the site, laughed my ass off and found myself nodding incessantly. Now linked on my site. That guy can write and capture the spirit.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home